There are lovely sandy beaches to both the north (as can be seen on one of our header photos) and south of Brora. The one to the north was again awarded a 'Seaside Award' by 'Keep Scotland Beautiful' on May 30th 2015. More details from here and here. All year round it is a great place for walking and bird watching. Summer is especially good for paddling, swimming and sand castle building.
The beach to the south of the village, especially near the mouth of the Sputie Burn, is good for seeing seals.
|Winter is even occasionally good for cross country skiing!|
- 2022-05-15 Trail walkers could hold key to breakthrough in missing person hunt in Sutherland
- 2022-05-15 Nicky Marr: Freelancing is great, until the unexpected happens
- 2022-05-15 Forests need to be 'fit for the future' against backdrop of changing climate
- 2022-05-15 Only way is down for plucky abseilers at iconic Sutherland castle
- 2022-05-14 LOOKING BACK: A yuletide cheque presentation, but where?