There are lovely sandy beaches to both the north (as can be seen on one of our header photos) and south of Brora. The one to the north was again awarded a 'Seaside Award' by 'Keep Scotland Beautiful' on May 30th 2015. More details from here and here. All year round it is a great place for walking and bird watching. Summer is especially good for paddling, swimming and sand castle building.
The beach to the south of the village, especially near the mouth of the Sputie Burn, is good for seeing seals.
|Winter is even occasionally good for cross country skiing!|
- 2017-12-15 Rogart calls for fair share of benefit from Gordonbush pot
- 2017-12-15 Furious Sutherland councillor starts campaign for '6% for Sutherland'
- 2017-12-14 Council do their best in severe weather says leader
- 2017-12-12 Former Dornoch foster carer sent sexual messages to users of an on-line children's game site
- 2017-12-12 Updated roads report