Right in the heart of Sutherland 60 miles north of Inverness on the North East coast - Brora is breath of fresh air in a frantic world. As well as a golf haven, walkers, dogs and children's paradise, there are the added attractions of an abundance of wildlife, plenty of places for fishing, mountain biking, walking and sightseeing - all surrounded by wonderful open scenery and historic countryside.
One hour's drive north of Inverness, with a frequent Rail and Bus service, the charming Highland village of Brora is a perfect spot to base yourself to explore the north Highlands. Nowhere is too far for a day trip....Dornoch, Dunnet Head, Cape Wrath, John 'o' Groats, Ullapool, Thurso, Wick and even the Orkney Isles - everywhere is within a day's drive. Or you can stay local and visit the Clynelish Single Malt Distillery, beautiful Dunrobin Castle and Gardens or just walk along the fantastic quiet and unspoilt beaches..........where you can sing with the seals or even see some local Moray Firth Dolphin or Porpoises!
Brora Railway Station
Use the form below to get driving directions to this location (these are kindly provided by google)
- 2022-06-26 NICKY MARR: Fantastic Fifties are a stat to get behind
- 2022-06-26 Under Canvas tent events will run from July 1 to August 27 beside Eden Court
- 2022-06-26 I'll be sticking with Royal Mail where possible in future
- 2022-06-26 PICTURES: Tain's flower power volunteers step up to challenge
- 2022-06-26 Edward Mountain urges First Minister to hold debate on bullying in NHS following rise in cases